The PNP, through the Human Rights Affairs Office, with the support of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), successfully conducted the “2017 Top Level Forum/Workshop on International Law Enforcement Standards for Senior Police Officers” for 27 Senior Police Commissioned Officers with the ranks of PCSUPT and PSSUPT from selected Directorates/PROs/Units from March 14 to 16, 2017 at Henann Resort Alona Beach, Alona Beach Road, Panglao Island, Bohol. The Top Level Forum had the objectives to: a. Provide a venue for discussing actionable issues and policy recommendations on the following:
- Congestion of PNP Custodial Facilities due to the intensified implementation of Project Double Barrell Reloaded;
- Issues and Concerns on the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community;
- Force Protection and Use of Non-Lethal Weapons; and
- Issues and concerns relating to proper custody of Children In Conflict with the Law.
- Assess, evaluate, and come up with holistic solutions that must be adopted to address the said issues;
- Mainstream human rights-based approaches in policing; and
- Deepen the understanding of police officers on human rights and International Humanitarian Law to attain higher professional standards and be made as a way of life in law enforcement.